Pony Cassandra Client

Hi everyone!

A few months ago I started developing a pony client for Cassandra with the intention of using it in one of my applications. I switched languages mid-way simply because I didn't have the time to write clients for everything I wanted to interface with. The client can currently connect and I've sent some very simple queries with it. Not sure if it would be of interest to anyone here but I figured someone might find it useful if they are building a binary interface.

You can view the project here: https://github.com/waratuman/pony-cql

Also want to say thank you to everyone who is developing Pony itself! I love the ideas behind it and really consider it a next generation language. After getting used to the type system(s) I enjoyed it very much.

Cheers!
- James

Hi James, very nice, enabling cassandra connections for pony!

One question: What clients have you been interested in? Knowledge of what people want to use pony for is really helpful when deciding on the next spare-time project ;)

kthxbye! Matthias

PostgreSQL would be another one that I would like to see. Really though I think a SQL AST manager would be great (similar to https://github.com/rails/arel). This is kind of the reason I stopped as I would have to continue to to do all these things. I love building them and writing in Pony but the timeframe didn't allow me to continue.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 12:25 AM, Matthias Wahl <pony@...> wrote:

Hi James, very nice, enabling cassandra connections for pony!

One question: What clients have you been interested in? Knowledge of what people want to use pony for is really helpful when deciding on the next spare-time project ;)

kthxbye! Matthias

Jesse Cooke

Diesel could be good inspiration http://diesel.rs/